Wednesday 19 September 2007

Wanna see what $87,000,000,000.00 looks like?

On top right of TFTH, there a little counter that estimates how much money has been spent on the Iraqi war, courtesy of costofwar.com. At the time of writing, it currently sits at $453,005,095,656. As mere mortals, can we even begin to conceptualise what that kind of money would look like? How much room one would need to store it? I came across this today. It shows what $87,000,000,000.00 would like and then what $315 Billion would look like.

Make sure you read the very bottom...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!

I swear you and I must subscribe to the same blogs! I was just looking at this this morning and I was going to post it, but I got sidetracked by work. You beat me to yet another one. I've got to get back on the ball.

2Shay said...

Dude! You can still post it! It's not like I have exclusive publishing rights or anything... besides, with a few notable exceptions, we probably have very little overlap in readership... do it!

Anonymous said...

Let's see, there's Darrell and Nhi, that's pretty much 50% of my readership. You include yourself and you can up that number to 75%!

2Shay said...

Scary! our respective blogs have an identical readership