Friday 1 June 2007

Toronto is friendly

So I was meeting Alana at the Queen's Park subway station this afternoon, and while I was waiting for her, I apparently had a mild blackout and supposedly "fell" and hit my head on the railing I was leaning against. I have no recollection of said events, save the word of two very kind women who came to my immediate assistance. They near insisted on taking me to the closest hospital and were adamant about not leaving me alone, and they didn't, despite my assurances that I was okay. They did not leave my side until Alana showed up.

I neither got their names, nor thought to ask for them. The chances of those altruistic women ever coming across this lowly blog are as great as getting hit by lightning on the way to cash a winning lottery ticket. But on the very very slim chance that either or both of them do happen to stumble across TFTH, I would like to extend my deepest thanks to the both of them for their act of genuine compassion.

My thanks to you.

2 comments:

Nhi said...

Wow, what an experience. I'm glad that everything turned out okay.

Just a thought. The Toronto Star has a section called Acts of Kindness that features feel-good stories about the city like yours. You may wish to publish your story. Maybe one of your good Samaritans will see it.

2Shay said...

Thanks Nhi, done and done :)